I suppose you have heard of the saying ‘we work like a well-oiled machine,’ haven’t you? Everyone did. It refers to perfect functionality, and at the same time, it underlines the importance of lubrication when it comes to machinery. I guess you know that a lot of machines require oil to function properly, and for that reason, the grease gun was invented.
A grease gun is a simple but brilliant tool that will help you to lubricate anything that may require lubrication. Everything from your car to your lawn mower needs grease, which is why you need to check that aspect regularly. Most people like to have a professional do it, but you can do it yourself, at home. All you need to do is to invest in the best grease gun you can find.
The benefits of a grease gun
If you have ever tried to lubricate a machine, then you know exactly what it implies. You can also see the benefits of a grease machine in that case. If not, here are a few advantages of using a grease gun over traditional lubrication methods.
- You no longer have to get dirty – we all have that image in our There is always someone who comes out dirty from changing the oil. However, a grease gun will eliminate that possibility entirely. Since there is no spillage, there is no way of getting your hands oily. Simple as that.
- It increases the lifespan of machines – that is a no-brainer. Machines require regular oil checks, so you have to do it whether you like it or not. But a grease gun can make that experience easier and more pleasant for you. That way you will not run from this responsibility, and your machines will work better for a longer period of time.
- It eliminates waste – when you try to lubricate whatever machine you have to lubricate, a lot of the grease will end up in your hands, on your clothes, or on the ground. There is a lot of spillage going around. However, a grease gun eliminates waste entirely so that you do not have to waste anything. All the grease will end up where it is supposed to be.
- The lubrication process is faster than usual – as you can imagine, a grease gun will make the lubrication process a lot easier and faster than the traditional manner. That is because the device is meant to help you along the way so that you would not have to spend more than a few minutes on the job. This is one of the primary reasons people buy grease guns in the first place.
I do not think you need more on this. All the benefits listed above should be enough to have you convinced to purchase the best grease gun you can afford. The fact that there is no downside whatsoever is a huge selling point, which is why thousands of people buy this device.
Types of grease gun
Not all grease guns are created equal. Some are better, while some are faster and easier to use. You can choose whichever makes your life easier. However, it is important to know what your options are. There are several types of grease gun, and they are as follows.
- Lever – the lever grease gun is the cheapest option, and the most commonly purchased. All you have to do is pull a lever on the device to create pressure. It is ideal for people who do not use it very often is very easy to use.
- Cordless – the cordless grease gun uses batteries as a source of power. This model is among the most portable grease guns. You can take it anywhere with you and use it in case of emergency.
- Hand-pump – the hand-pump grease gun is very similar to an air pump. In order to create pressure, which will push the grease out, you have to perform a pumping action. It is very easy to use, it is cheap, and you can take it with you wherever you may go.
- Pistol-grip – the pistol-grip grease gun is very convenient to use. It resembles a caulk gun (it has pretty much the same mechanism.) It can be used with only one hand, and the manufacturers created such models for both left-handed and right-handed people.
- Pneumatic – the pneumatic grease gun is meant for professionals, but nothing can stop you to get one. It is the most powerful grease gun you can find, which makes it ideal for people who have to take care of other people’s machines.
Keep in mind that no matter what type of grease gun you choose, accidents happen all the time. Make sure that you use the device properly and safely. Otherwise, you mayend up in the hospital.
How to choose the best grease gun
Now that you learned a little bit about grease guns, you have reached the point when you have to choose a model. That is fairly simple, but only if you know what to look for. If you do not, here is what you should consider before making a purchase.
- Type – I informed you on types above, so all you have to do now is establish what you need the grease gun for. The point is to not invest in something if you are only going to use it twice a year.
- The amount of lubrication – before buying the grease gun, you must know its purpose. The amount of lubrication is dictated by the size of the grease gun. A larger gun will be able to do more work than a smaller one, so make your choice based on how extensive your lubrication jobs will be.
- Specifications – you cannot buy a grease gun if you do not look at the technical specifications. According to its uses, you need to know the number of strokes per ounce or the maximum pressure that the gun can generate. The gun’s performance is affected by all those specifications, so make sure that you take a look before buying.
- Ease of use – buying a grease gun that you do not know how to use is pointless, and at the same time, more common than you think. Purchase something that is easy to use for you. It is true that grease guns are not complicated tools, but if you have no knowledge whatsoever of how lubrication works, the simplest solution is the best.
- Warranty – many people look at the warranty on the label. You never know when the grease gun may fail. I do not think I have to tell you that the longer the warranty, the better. The point is that defects happen, and you should not pay for someone else’s mistakes. That is the manufacturer’s
What are the best grease guns?
If you still have doubts regarding which grease gun you want to buy, the best course of action is to do some research on the matter.Below, you will find three grease gun reviews that I hope will help you make a choice.
Plews/Edelmann 30-200 Standard Duty Grease Gun
This model is one of the most basic you can find. It is very cheap, but it can get you out of a lubrication issue very easily. As far as type goes, this is a standard lever grease gun. It is very easy to use, and there is no way you can misuse it. Just like with any other grease gun, you need to handle it with care to avoid any injury.
The product is manufactured in China, but that does not affect its quality in any way. I know how people feel about products that are made in China, but this is not the case. After all, it is a simple hand-operated pump. All you have to do is load it with a grease cartridge and do your business. You can use it on various machines, but most people use it for lubricating their car’s fittings. The process is simple, and the time you spend on completing it is very short.
The Plews model uses a standard 14-ounce cartridge. It is more than enough to last you a while if you use this for your vehicle. Every stroke delivers one ounce, and it can develop a pressure of up to 6000 pounds per square inch. The nozzle will help you lubricate specific spots, and spillage is not very likely. Overall, this is a very good product that you can use in various situations. It is definitely worth the investment. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Pell Lucas Heavy-Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun Kit
Just like the title suggests, this is a pistol-grip grease gun. It is ideal for many fields of activity like automotive, marine, agricultural, and industrial use. It is meant to satisfy people who like to operate with only one hand, and it is very comfortable to use.
The grease gun itself has a very durable construction. The barrel is made of anodized aluminum, and the head is aluminum die-cast. It is very light, which makes it perfect for one handed operations. Moreover, the rust-free feature will lengthen the device’s lifespan.
As far as technical specifications go, this grease gun works with a pressure of 3600 PSI, but it can go as up as 6000. It is pretty powerful for such a small pistol-grip grease gun. The Lucas model uses a 14-ounce grease cartridge. One of the aspects that make this product very popular among buyers is the fact that the device comes with a 12-inch heavy duty triple reinforced flexible hose. Yes, that is a lot of words, but since there is a large amount of pressure, the hose needs to be highly resistant. With its help,you can reach every tight space that may need lubrication. The kit also includes a 5-3/8 inch grease pipe and coupler. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
GreaseTek Premium Pistol Grip Grease Gun
This is another pistol-grip grease gun that will help you get your work done. It can be used in various situations, and your job will only last a few minutes. It is lightweight and very easy to use, and its efficiency is what makes this product one of the best grease guns you can find in this price range. The gun has a sturdy construction, it will last for a very long time. Same goes with the extension hose.
The plunger has an improved design for easy priming and loading. The handle is very comfortable, and together with the knurled barrel, it provides a reliable and safe grip. The kit includes an 18-inch hose with coupler and extension pipe. With its help, you can reach small places and lubricate hard-to-reach fittings.
The overall impression of this product is very good. It works with a standard 14-ounce grease cartridge and delivers a pressure of 4000 PSI. The dual-positioning grease loader allows multiple positions, which will make your job easier in some cases. The GreaseTek grease gun is definitely worth the investment. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
While all three products are high-quality and provide the performance you need, I am inclined to go with the Pell Lucas Heavy-Duty Pistol Grip Grease Gun Kit. It has everything you need. It has the high pressure and the extension hose. It is light, durable, and rust-resistant. At the same time, it is easy to use and will get the job done even in tight spaces. For that price, it is one of the best grease guns you can find.
Having the best grease gun around the house is more than useful. Just take a look around your garage or garden shed and see how many of your tools require lubrication. Even the door hinges need some grease from time to time. That is why I think one of the three products above will come in handy. They are all efficient, cheap, and will make your life a little bit easier. Whichever you choose, you will not be disappointed. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Dewalt Grease Gun Reviews & Guide
- Unanswered Questions About Lincoln Cordless Grease Gun
- Grease Gun for Sale Reviews & Guide
- A Guide to Power Grease Gun
- Unanswered Concerns on Lincoln Battery Powered Grease Gun That You Need to Think About
- The Definitive Solution for Automatic Grease Gun You Can Find Out About Today
- Grease Gun Ends – an in Depth Anaylsis on What Works and What Doesn’t
- The Appeal of Lincoln Pneumatic Grease Gun
- Grease Gun Fittings – a Quick Outline
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Grease for Grease Gun
- The Good, the Bad and Dewalt 20 Volt Grease Gun
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Hand Grease Gun
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Best Cordless Grease Gun…The Simple Truth Revealed
- The Downside Risk of Grease Gun That No One Is Talking About
- Cordless Grease Gun Reviews & Guide
- Know What the Experts are Saying About Lincoln Grease Gun
- Where to Find Electric Grease Gun
- Why No One Is Discussing Air Grease Gun and What You Should Do Right Now About It
- Why No One Is Discussing Pneumatic Grease Gun and What You Need to be Doing Right Now About It
- Battery Powered Grease Gun – the Story
- A Review of Battery Grease Gun
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Lincoln Grease Gun Parts
- The Fight Against Battery Operated Grease Gun
- Definitions of Grease Fittings
- Top Lincoln Grease Gun Battery Tips!
- Gossip, Deception and Small Grease Gun
- Buying Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun
- A Startling Fact about Grease Gun Cartridge Uncovered
- The Ugly Secret of Grease Gun Price
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Lincoln Air Grease Gun
- Get the Scoop on Lincoln Electric Grease Gun Before You’re Too Late
- The Birth of Grease Gun Accessories
- Unanswered Issues With Air Powered Grease Gun Disclosed
- The Nuiances of Air Operated Grease Gun
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Mini Grease Gun and How to Avoid It